Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 38: For Whom the Vault Tolls…
This Radio Edition of Tribbles in Ecstasy contains the edited version of a 3 hour show. To get the Special Extended Edition of Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 37 that contains the full edited version of our 3 hour show where the cast opens up and tell their own story of why they are dedicated to the show we all love so much, CLICK HERE.
Take a listen as we discuss our love of Star Trek and STO in a casual and friendly atmosphere.Tribbles is a Community based weekly talk show sponsored by TrekRadio.net, Subspace-Radio.net and HolosuiteMagazine.com. Be sure to tune in Friday, 6pm EST on TrekRadio.net for our live show and listin to our audio remastered shows on Subspace-radio.net on Wedesdays at 12pm EST.
Follow with us in our IRC chat room at HolosuiteMagazine.com or in STO’s game chat at “holosuite”. If you wish to add our IRC channel to any Apps, add #holosuite from the Coldfront.net server. Any questions, comments or ideas about our show, please write to us.
Looking for a fleet, look us up in Star Trek Online. We have two very fun fleet, on the Federation side it’s Tribbles in Ecstasy, and on the KDF it’s Targs in Ecstasy.
Host/Exc. Producer: Xander Hayes
Audio Engineer: Dion Sol
Content Manager: Bishop
Twitter: @Tribbles In XTC
TIE’s theam song by Warp11
TIE’s Logo by Michel Achard
Tribbles in Ecstasy 38 Show Notes
1. Could “Spock” be the new series? http://www.csmonitor.com/The-
2. Should Star Trek 5 get more respect? http://whatculture.com/film/
3. How an iPhone Audition Got Benedict Cumberbatch Into the ‘Star Trek’ Sequelhttp://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.
1. A message from Cryptic Studios Cryptic makes a post about the Hack that happened in 2010http://www.crypticstudios.com/
2. Tool Tip The exclusion of the consumables on the tooltip was a human error in the writing of the tooltip and FAQs. In our attempt to provide more information, we caused more confusion and we are sorry for this. Clearly it backfired. As Jack says, if you are going to go to the effort to put a tooltip on something, it better be 100% accurate. Human error happens and it annoys everyone (players and devs alike). I apologize that has been so agonizing for some.It was literally a copy and past of the item – sans tooltip. That way the only real thing we need to do is update the reward tables to point to the correct items.
So if you opened a Gold Lock Box and received a consumable, I’m sorry that this frustrated you. It was an intended reward just as it was in the previous Lock Boxes.
It did not impact your odds of getting the Maurader or other rewards higher in the reward table. It may have impacted your odds of getting the last chance in the lock box which was a LOBI.
To compensate for this, we are reviewing the LOBI Store contents and plan to add at least one and if not more cool rewards that can be obtained with a minimal amount of LOBI in early May.
3. Time Gate the schedule alternates from week to week so that we can cycle all the events through different prime time zones. You should see the vault start showing up in East Coast Prime time during the next week if I’m not mistaken.
4. Lobi To compensate for the players who either got a LOBI or didn’t get a LOBI we are doing two specific things. 1) we are adding an in game event to get Free LOBI throughout the month of May for those who didn’t get LOBI from their box.
2) We are taking one of the premier items we had planned to add to the high end of the store and we’re going to make it available for minimal LOBI.
5. TumerBoy says that Fed Starbase ext. are almost complete and that KDF ext will start this week or the next http://forums.startrekonline.
6. New screenshot for Friday http://startrekonline.com/
7. Friday Night Foundry Event PWE_Branflakes is having a Friday night foundry event in gamehttp://forums.startrekonline.
1. Tweetleak from Jam Jamz https://twitter.com/#!/STO_
Meet the Doffs
1. Dofftracker2.0 http://bit.ly/DOFFS
This system allows a captain to track doff assignments and even predict where assignments are going to be
popping up all in a handy Googledoc spreadsheet
2. Heretic explains that there’s a Doff that doesn’t belong http://forums.startrekonline.
3. Curious bug
a bug has been seen in the cultural reassignments were better doffs are traded in for lower uncommon doffs
4. suggestion on doff that reduces deployable turret cooldown
Many form doffers have suggested of creating a future doff which will reduce the cooldown on deployable turrets
5. Duty Officer Weekend happening now http://www.startrekonline.com/