A Very Merry TRIBBLES Christmas Special live tonight!
Q’s winter wonderland will be alive with the sound or Tribbles tonight as Xander Clause and the Cast of Tribbles are joined by special guests Phil Torpedo from STOcenter, the cast of Gates of Sto’vokor, Podcast UGC, Broadcast UGC, The G & T Show, Cerberus Films and whomever else Santa may surprise us with.
Speaking of surprises, meet the Tribbles cast in Q’s winter wonderland for fun and games such as Racing, Skating, Quiz, Dress Up contest and more to win loads of prizes like what is listed below. So be sure to grab your scarfs, frosty boots and snowballs and tune in tonight, Friday the 23rd @ 6pm EST on one of your favorite radio stations, Trekradio.net, Subspace-Radio.net and BladeRadio.com to listen and participate in the Tribbles Christmas Show.
See you all there!
Prizes to be Won
1000 criptic points: A code to be redeemed here, http://startrekonline.com/activate
STO Digital Deluxe Edition:
- TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
- Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The “Joined” species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
- Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
- Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item):Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.
- Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.”
- Unique Ship Item (in-game item): Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
- Code to be redeemed here: http://startrekonline.com/activate
Heavy Satellite Turrets: Phaser, Disruptor or Tetryon Satellite that aids your ship in combat when activated.
- Affects Friend and Self
- 30 meter Team
- 1.25 sec activate
- 6 sec recharge
- Removes all previous Tribble Buffs
- Gives you and your Allies a holographic decoy tribble
- +2 All Damage resistance for 3,600 sec
- +0.02 Health Regeneration for 3,600 sec
Bridge Office Pack:
- Photonic Science Officer
- Aenar Bridge Officer
- Caitian Bridge Officer
Pet Box: One of the Below
- Eisilum Crystal Horta
- Polytrinic Acid Horta
Events and Games
Ewan, the naughty Elf
Find Ewan, Santa’s Chief of Security.
Chance to play: 3 times
Prize: Heavy Satellite Turrets
Do you hear Tribbles?
Listen to the show, and when you hear the Tribble purring, type in TRIBBLE in the HoloSuite in game chat channel. The fastest one wins!
Chance to Play: 5 times
Prize: Photonic Tribble
Holosuite labs lost their prototype holoemitter, but the bad news is that an old earth holonovel was playing during a power surge. Security last saw the emitter being worn by the Grinch that stole Christmas. Help us find him by the clues he leaves behind.
Chance to play: 7 times
Prize: Pet Box
Star Trek Trivia
Answer some short questions from your fav show.
Prize: Bridge Office Pack
How well to you know your Podcasters?
Prize: Bridge Office Pack
Dashing throug the snow race!
Contestants sign up and race in heats depending on how many want to attend. The race will be around the track.
Prize: STO Digital Deluxe Edition
TOS Alien Santa Contest
In Memory of the Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode: “A Most Illogical Holiday” (1968) Dress up as your best Santa, Elf, Miss Clause or any Christmas character .
Prize: 1000 criptic points
Special Download Contest - Special gift from Santa to be won
In the event you can not attend A Merry Tribbles Christmas, send us an Email about your most unique New Year’s Resolution. Sand it to TribblesinEcstasy@gmail.com and we will pick a winner next Friday the 30th at 6pm est. You must include your in game @Handle so we may send you your Gifts in the in game mail.
The Lost Star Trek TOS Christmas Episode: “A Most Illogical Holiday” (1968)
Mr. Spock, with his pointy ears, is hailed as a messiah on a wintry world where elves toil for a mysterious master, revealed to be Santa just prior to the first commercial break. Santa, enraged, kills Ensign Jones and attacks the Enterprise in his sleigh. As Scotty works to keep the power flowing to the shields, Kirk and Bones infiltrate Santa’s headquarters. With the help of the comely and lonely Mrs. Claus, Kirk is led to the heart of the workshop, where he learns the truth: Santa is himself a pawn to a master computer, whose initial program is based on an ancient book of children’s Christmas tales. Kirk engages the master computer in a battle of wits, demanding the computer explain how it is physically possible for Santa to deliver gifts to all the children in the universe in a single night. The master computer, confronted with this computational anomaly, self-destructs; Santa, freed from mental enslavement, releases the elves and begins a new, democratic society. Back on the ship, Bones and Spock bicker about the meaning of Christmas, an argument which ends when Scotty appears on the bridge with egg nog made with Romulan Ale.
Filmed during the series’ run, this episode was never shown on network television and was offered in syndication only once, in 1975. Star Trek fans hint the episode was later personally destroyed by Gene Roddenberry. Rumor suggests Harlan Ellison may have written the original script; asked about the episode at 1978’s IgunaCon II science fiction convention, however, Ellison described the episode as “a quiescently glistening cherem of pus.”